I spoke to Randy Brooks some years ago, when he made the muzzle brake for my .475-mag. rifle. He told me that he always suggested only going down ONE bullet weight when using his Barnes X bullets, compared to conventional bullets on the market like Hornady or Nosler's etc.

I tried religiously to get them to shoot well out of my rifles but No Cigar! The one's I did get to shoot decent, were at 30-06 velocities out of a .338 Win mag and I just didn't feel like 2500fps is where I wanted to be velocity wise using a 210 grain bullet, plus having 2.7 inch MOA groups from the bench.

I had to go back to Nosler Partition and later Swift A Frame bullets to get the results I wanted from my rifles at the bench and on big game animals such as elk and moose etc. My .338 Win mag shoots 275 grain bullets into 1.25 inch groups at 100 yards and 210 Partitions under 1-MOA (Nosler Accubonds .770), velocity being 2900fps. The B.C. on the Accbond is .414, S.D.= 250 great for mule deer and elk too at moderate ranges.

Last edited by Tonk; 11/29/10.

Thank Our Veterans!
GOD Bless Them All

UNIONS BUILDING AMERICA, SALUTE ALL THE UNION TRADESMAN