I think that most are missing a major point. Most people that get issued a pistol in the service branches are in support roles and very, very minimally trained.

For guys who actually go in harms way intentionally (infantry, etc), I would prefer to see something along the lines of a polymer, high capacity auto with unit level armorer support for everything, including frame replacement. NO hand fitted parts.

The HK45 and HK45C are getting a lot of attention right now. In fact I do know of one navy unit that is fielding the C model.

As far as service wide issue, who knows. I would like to see a Glock in 9mm or 45 acp, but there are so many piss poor pistol shooters and grossly irresponsible service members currently in the system, that any gun that lacked a traditional external safety would be a poor choice for the majority of service people.

There is a reason why even in Iraq the vast majority of soldiers are not allowed to have any live ammunition on them or in their weapons, while on base, which fortunately 90% will never leave a base when deployed. I cannot tell you how many times in a single day I have had some soldier point their weapon at me while at a PX or DFAC.

Most have useless "coolguy" 3 point slings that have the gun held horizontally. They muzzle sweep everyone on a constant basis. The majority of their NCOs could care less. Gun handling skills are not stressed at all for the most part.

I got a little off topic there, sorry.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com