Originally Posted by eyeball
my little benelli 20 has personality. when i get lined up on the third shot it missfires. saves me a lot of ammo, but i have to spend the savings on b/p meds. wish i had the money back. i could have 2 lightweight auto 5 20 ga in imp. cyl. one for quail and 1 for dove. i train bird dogs and ur not gonna believe me when i say i kill blue quail with it with low base rem. #6. two #6 will get a blue to 45 yards. you should see my buddies running, cussing, and kicking trying to get a broke wing blue they shot with a high base 12ga 71/2. i usually beat them. i used to be a 12man till i moved here 35 yrs ago and a guy took me for blues. his wife was rolling jacks at 40-50 yards with high base 20ga 6's. you like a 12? chase blues all day in desert sand.

You're talking to someone who thinks a 2 3/4 inch 20 guage is over kill for quail.

Brian.

"You set your own goals for success, and when you succeed it don't necessarily mean that you're going to be a big star or make a lot of money or anything. You'll feel it in your heart whether you've succeeded or not." - Roy Buchanan