Mark,

It is showing some inconsistencies that I think are either a bedding issue or a scope problem. The scope is a Leupold 3x that has been back to the factory recently for a check up but I may change out the scopes just to check before I mess with the bedding.

I would like to see better than the 3-4 MOA I am getting. It may be that it's a new barrel and needs to settle in but I suspect the bedding is the culprit. I get the occasional group that is 1.5" but most run 3+ inches. You never know, I might want to come down and shoot ground squirrels with you and it needs to be shooting better for that mission.

As for the TSX bullets, well without starting another X bullet war, I will concede that they are a good bullet. I am just not one of their biggest fans. I was probably one of the earliest users of the Barnes X bullets when they first came out and my first 300 H&H shot them well. Every rifle since then has been extremely finicky about shooting them and I have sent many $$$ worth of them down range trying to get them to shoot. I gave up on them years ago, not because they are a bad performer on game but because I had so much more success getting cup and core bullet to shoot well. I am testing them in the 400 because they are available and there really are not a lot of .411 bullets out there. If they shoot well in my 400 I will use them but I prefer a good round nose cup and core.

I still have more work to do on the 400. I have no doubt I will find the right combination.

Mart

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.