I've been using it since it first came out and after spraying it through muzzle the first time and getting some into the action, I knew I had to find a better way. I found some clear vinyl tubing that just fits the nozzle and is a tight slip fit into the throat of 30 cal rifles. When inserted into the throat/chamber through the loading port, a piece about 10" long works great and keeps the foam out of the action, etc. For those cartridges smaller than 30 cal, the tube simply jams up against the shoulder and seals off the chamber. Works like a champ.

I use Shooter's Choice (SC) first to get rid of most of the powder fouling. I run a couple of patches wet with SC though the barrel, let it sit for a few minutes; then another wet patch followed by a bore brush wet with SC for 10-20 strokes. Two or three dry patches to dry it out followed by the Wipeout. I usually let it sit overnight. If I get major "color" out of the barrel after the first application, it gets another dose usually with the rifle upside down to ensure the top of the barrel stays wet with solution (make sure bore is sloped slightly downhill toward the muzzle to keep it out of the action). I like the way it works so much, I always make sure I have a spare can on hand. The last few times I've ordered it, a plastic straw has been included which is probably intended to do the same thing as my vinyl tube. As someone else has mentioned (and I've read but have no first hand experience) it can attack some oil-type stock finishes but I have gotten it on some of the urethane type finishes with no adverse effects (Rem 700,Wby MK V, etc.). I'm REALLY careful in using it in my military rifles normally using it only when they're fully disassembled.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.