I purchased an Arisaka custom rifle for a song at a gun show. After the first shot I realized it was a wild cat and had the gunsmith check the chamber. A previuos owner had rechambered to 6.5x257 Roberts. I ordered a $125.00 set of dies from RCBS, and reloaded using 6.5x55 data to start. I got zero accuracy and so I rebeded and refloated the rfle. Just for kicks I recrowned and started over. Two hundred rounds later after trying every combo I could find, I decided to slug the bore and found a .268/.257 diameter. So I ordered some Hornady 160 gr rd nose flat base .268 bullets used in Carcano rifle and went back to the reloading . Still no decent groups. I checked the teist and was a little suprised to find a 9 twist. So now I've ordered some buffalo .268, 140 gr jacketed boat tails. Any other ideas appreciated !!!! This is a pristine rifle and has a strange arsenal mark not shown in any books that I can find. It has a thin 24" barrel and a trigger that is superb for a military rifle. Stock is great.The saftey works with only a thumb flip. WHAT NOW GUYS ?

SHOOT STRAIGHT AND OFTEN. Hunt with your kids. Teach them not to shoot anything that they are not going to eat. Have respect for all ANIMALS.