Well let me clear up a few misconceptions ,that I must have given you. This rifle was as pristine as they get NIB. I have 37 rifles right now and shoot benchrest with the best of them. A member of NBRSA. I've owned and collected several hundred rifles over the years and some OLD military rifle will out shoot some NEW high dollar rifles. I have one of my Benchrest rifles on Gunbroker now for sale. Just type in NESIKA and you can see that I am no Novice. I have several Arisaka's that have perfect chambers and shoot consistantly under a MOA. I bought some old Model 30 Remingtons last week from Lake Erie Arms for my collection. I just like a challenge and spend my time makin one shoot. My chamber is perfect and the Barrel and crown are also. Safariman you just never gave one of those Jap girls a chance. P.O. Ackley said it was one of the best actions he ever tested. He could never blow it up (action). He also built several wildcats on the action.
Nothing happened on the first shot except I got a 6.5x51 blown out to 6.5x57. The bolt was not even tight. You guys do realize the early rifles were all hand made. I have a 6.5x55 Austrian Mauser set trigger custom hunting rifle built in the 30's that shoots 5/8" at 300 with Game kings, and an 8mm-06 Mauser set trigger custom built in Germany that is awesome. One of my 96 mauser snipers will shoot with the best.
My next step with this rifle will be to shoot the 140gr .268 Buffalos and try som 100 to 120 gr .264 bullets. I have had great luck in the past with some old discards. I will keep trying and if you can keep those ideas floating in.
I have changed the scope twice but if I have to I will put one of my new Leupold 4.5x14x50's on it. Thanks for the help guys and help me sell that benchrest rifle # 250290303 on gunbroker, cause I want a couple of Cooper's on Gunbroker.

SHOOT STRAIGHT AND OFTEN. Hunt with your kids. Teach them not to shoot anything that they are not going to eat. Have respect for all ANIMALS.