I had one bad experience with the BT(early 150 gr 30 cal) out of many, many deer with them. The one was at 20-25 yards on a calm doe that was perfectly broadside with a .308 in a model seven. Shot her in the shoulder about half way up and she ran off. She stopped about 30 yards from my hunting partner after running about 150 yards. He didn't shoot as he saw the devastating wound on the shoulder about half way up the body and expected her to fall right there. He thought it was the exit, but after talking with him, we determined it was on the entrance side. We tracked the deer for about 2000 yards after that until she crossed a river. Never did recover her. I don't know how that deer didn't die within 100 yards.

Since then, I have used 120 and 140 gr BT's in the 7mm-08, and really like the 120gr bullets at 2700-2900 fps. They are scary accurate, and I have never stopped one in a deer. They look like they work perfectly at those speeds. Unfortunately the place I am going to this fall in TX asked that we do not use BT's. I wish that was not the case, but I worked up a load with the 120gr TTSX to make them happy. Not quite as accurate, though.