Perhaps this has something to do with Winchester making an "Alaskan" Mod 70

A less famous Wasilla Republican has introduced a bill naming the pre-1964 Winchester Model 70 .30-06 caliber rifle as Alaska�s official firearm. According to the AP, Senator Charlie Huggins reckons the pre-Kennedy assassination-era Winchester best embodies, uh, something relative to The Last Frontier. SB 105 offers no reason for elevating the Winchester Model 70 .30-.06 to such a loft place in the lonely pantheon of state firearms, currently occupied by the Browning M1911 (Utah). Saying that, Alaska�s Department of Fish and Game seems game: �If you are going to hunt brown bear on the Alaska Peninsula or Kodiak Island, a .30-06 loaded with 200- or 220-grain Nosler� or similar premium bullet will do the job with good shot placement.� The question remains: will you still shoot me, will you still moot me, when I�m sixty-four? LINK

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee