Originally Posted by pal
Originally Posted by JasonH
I just want to see a picture of the rifle as I am curious about the stock shape and the barrel profile. I really hope that Winchester went the classic route, as I think that would sell really well. We already have enough modern looking bolt actions on the market. Heck, I would buy one of the Cabela's 50th anniversary sporters if it weren't for that god awful gold floorplate.

Jason, you have brought up a riddle. Why all the excitement to buy something never seen before? And why a commemorative, at all, unless it is to be kept new, as an investment?

But for a couple revolvers, all the guns I've ever bought were pre-owned, coming to me mostly from gun shops and shows, auctions and private trades, and with the searching being an important component in the enjoyment of that purchase. I always shunned commemorative's or anything w/ medallions or flashy inlays as being overly decorated (though some small bit of engraving is OK).

So why new?

Because it's new. Why question someone else's free choice of what to buy? Just because it's your way doesn't make it the right way or the only way--just your way.