Originally Posted by JasonH
I just want to see a picture of the rifle as I am curious about the stock shape and the barrel profile. I really hope that Winchester went the classic route, as I think that would sell really well. We already have enough modern looking bolt actions on the market. Heck, I would buy one of the Cabela's 50th anniversary sporters if it weren't for that god awful gold floorplate.

Jason, you have brought up a riddle. Why all the excitement to buy something never seen before? And why a commemorative, at all, unless it is to be kept new, as an investment?

But for a couple revolvers, all the guns I've ever bought were pre-owned, coming to me mostly from gun shops and shows, auctions and private trades, and with the searching being an important component in the enjoyment of that purchase. I always shunned commemorative's or anything w/ medallions or flashy inlays as being overly decorated (though some small bit of engraving is OK).

So why new?

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg