Thanks, I may try some over the winter. I too find the odor pleasant, but then again, I've kept a hive before. I'll look for a source of the cheap stuff.

On the Gore-Tex issue. Yep works really fine until my upward pointing toenails (even when they're trimmed) wear a hole in the lining. Then I hope I'm in a dry spot. If not compromised and if the boot is primarily nylon with leather accents, they will provide some support even when soaked. I tend not to hunt "swamps" so I therefor won't get into which boot is best. I'd probably go for something along the lines of a "Juneau" tennis shoe if I was to go swamp hunting.

My feet sweat a lot, I go barefoot or wear sandals (yes, even while hunting in some areas) until the snow flies mostly, except at work (steel toes required), so I generally go with unlined leather boots that breath. Even in waxed boots my feet breath better than in nylon gore-tex boots, so that's what I tend to wear. Wax 'em good, good wool socks, and generally good to go. No, I don't work outdoors as much as some ( I work on boats/barges 4 months a year, mostly in good weather, rubbers and Helly's if not) and can't imaginge having to wear boots 16 hrs a day. 10-12 hrs while working and my feet need a change of pace. Even while hunting the boots come off as soon as I get into camp. I Don't put shoes/boots on until I actually get to work. I have a wonderful pair of hip length Apache style buckskin moccasins I wear hunting in dry weather (lots of that in AZ and E WA where I primarily hunt), with rawhide soles, and they are "very" sneaky. Those might be my favorite "boots" as the old Apache woman who taught me to make them called them.

You all enjoy your winter weather, whichever boot dressing you choose to use or not use.

I wonder if the OP got his answer?

Thanks again for the beeswax info Sitka,

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?