the Link in Reloading Section...

http://24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/5982844/1/New_guy_dreaming_of_a_35_Whele

This is from a young soldier stationed in Afghanistan, who is from Alaska, who is "dreaming of a 35 Whelen" to pick up when he gets home from serving his country over there...

I made a proposal this morning on the Reloading Section when I saw this... there has been no response all day..

I know this is New Years day and folks are doing other things than hanging on 24HR...

However, I thought I would bring this up here to the Campfire Forum....

What I am proposing is for us to make this young soldier's dream come true, by we at 24 Hour come up with Donations and purchase a barrel for him, to be put on the action of his choice.....

I am committing $20.00 to the project to get it started...
I gives us an opportunity to show a little appreciation to one of our young soldiers, who is putting himself in harms way to serve his country... a million miles away from home and family.

If anyone desire to contribute or head this project, please PM me...if no one else wants to spear head this, I will be happy to... but it shouldn't take much from very many of us to make a young E5 have something he'd love to have...

Serving his country, where he is... he's already more than made his contribution to this...Matt, thank you for your service to your country...

cheers
seafire

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez