Originally Posted by AlaskanMatt
Originally Posted by mart
Count me in. I have to stand by my fellow Wasillian, Wasillite, shoot I don't know what more than one of us is called but I'm in. PM sent.

Mart

I think Wasillan plural is "valley trash". wink
I might have to enlist you to help me sight this thing in Mart!

I guess I would be the Matt in question. I'm at a loss for words here folks. Here's my reply to Seafire, so the action info is on here too:

Originally Posted by AlaskaMatt
LOL, thanks Seafire. It does mean a lot. And I'm not as young as you might think. I enlisted rather late in life. I got all the grandpa jokes in BCT, at the age of 31. I'll be hitting 38 in 10 days. I feel younger than I am though, if that makes any difference. ;-)

If ya'll are going to insist on this, the stainless Marlin XL7 '06 is the action I was planning to use. I already have one in '06 and I love it. They are inexpensive, but very well made with a smooth action, adjustable trigger and far more accurate than the price suggests.

I hadn't decided yet on whether to have the factory barrel re-bored or have the action re-barreled. I understand Savage barrels might work in the Marlin action. Ya'll can pretty much decide how to build it. The majority of you probably know more about custom rifle building than I do anyway.

I don't really know what to say here. I've never had anyone offer to build me a rifle before. Here I am brand-new to the forum, just came here on the advice of a friend to pick some of your brains on the 35 Whelen and two days later I'm choosing an action for a rifle that fellow veterans have offered to build for me. I just hope I can someday re-pay your kindness.

Matt,

Just give a shout when you want to go to the range. I work a week on/week off schedule so can hit the range during the week when there is not so large a crowd if that works for you.

This was a great idea Seafire. Thanks for starting it.

Mart

Last edited by mart; 01/02/12.

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.