Originally Posted by mart
Originally Posted by AlaskanMatt
Thanks everyone. If I can connect with a moose, I'll have some jerky made up and send ya'll some. Don't worry - there will be plenty to go around. A mature bull will yield about 700 lbs of meat. That would feed my family of 7 for about a year.

Seven! Does that mean you have 5 kids? Man you do know what causes that don't you? Just kidding I come from a big family and loved it. Are any of them old enough to hunt with you?

Mart

LOL, I figured someone would catch that. Yes, I have five kids. All of them perfect, too. My oldest, and the only boy, Timothy is 12 and he's already a veteran of several hunting trips with me. He's put a fair amount of small game on the table himself. My oldest girl, Sarah just got her first rifle for her 9th birthday. It's a cricket single shot .22 and she loves it. She needs a bit more practise before she's ready to hunt. Timothy has a .22, a pump-action 410, and a Rossi youth combo in 20 gauge and .243 Win. We're a hunting/fishing/outdoors family.

Ya'll ought not to get me started about my kids. I can brag on them for the whole deployment. grin

"Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist."