Originally Posted by 30338
Got a set of dies you want to sell?

30338: Unfortunately I don't... frown I have Reddings and they now have the prints for them as I think my pal and I had the first sets thay made. These are FL, but RCBS has them for Form, Trim,and FL. Some guys are just using the FL dies to form the shoulder and new neck; I have not tried it.

Reading the other posts is interesting on the velocities of the Dakota (had one) and the speculation on the 375 Ruger case.These are all about the same capacity as the Mashburn, but use less available and more expensive brass than the Mashburn, which is formed from common and available 300 Win Mag stuff.

I don't see any velocities from any of the others listed with the 175-180 that the Mashburn could not do as easily. They all have about the same case capacity.It would be no trick to break 3000 with a 180 from a 24" tube.

Plus,if I ever get tired of the Mashburn, my rifle can become a 300 Win Mag,an STW,or a 7RM with a new tube.

With the Dakota, I was stuck with the Dakota cartridges, and brass I could not form from anything else at $2 bucks a pop.

Al, I never really did a round count with the 7 Rem Mag but have cooked...I dunno...4-6 tubes(?). I am guessing they hung in about 2000-2500 rounds, maybe more(?).

If I were going tactical/target I would not build a Mashburn; I'd go with something like a SAUM....but this is my hunting rifle,my "big rifle",built to use where others would grab a 300 magnum of some sort.I shoot it almost every week,but not a lot. I only shoot to stay in touch with it....my bullet and load development is mostly done.

BTW any Rem 700 in 7 Rem mag becomes a Mashburn with a simple pass of the reamer...no need to do another thing. Pretty easy.My next one will be done that way.

Last edited by BobinNH; 01/11/12.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.