Originally Posted by BIGR
Originally Posted by 340Wby
I hunting through the wet season with the 3 rifles listed. Nosler 48(cerakote), Blaser R93 & XCR.
The XCR has the best 'wet weather' attributes IMO. Just not one sign of rust! It's slicker too.

So did the Blaser or Nosler show any signs of rust? I know the XCR's are tough, I have two of them and they have never showed any signs of rust.

Yes, very slight/small rust spots did appear on my R93 338WM barrel, but these were tiny! My 7mm-08 barrel was better but that did sustain a hit which chipped off a small amount of coating.

The 48 did not rust but the coating on this particular rifle did not seem as tough as the other 2 mentioned, as it wore rather easily.

Another chap I know had his bolt stick(R93) whilst up NT hunting pigs in the tropical heat. Apparantly rust formed inside the barrel near where it locks up. This lightly fused the barrel & bolt head, which made it impossible to cycle. A hard smack(bolt) on the nearest sorted it out. The rifle performed perfectly after that.

The moral of the story here is. 'if it has t!ts wheels or firearms there are bound to be problems' LOL wink

Last edited by 340Wby; 01/18/12.

Taking my rifle for a walk