Originally Posted by BIGR
Originally Posted by 340Wby
Just looking at my R8 Pro stock, where the action block mates to the synthetic stock. It does seem like the 'coated' steel screw & washer(secures the bedding block) has a bit of surface rust around it. This was due to 2 full days of rain(humidity was up those days too).

Let it also be said. I never clean my rifles to thorough, so this is my own fault I guess..... But there is nothing I see that will render this firearm useless now or my lifetime.....so I just let it ride & enjoy wink

PS- My NULA SS barrel did get rust spots too.

Hey, thanks for your honesty. I hunt hard and in some rough terrain and weather. On a hunting trip I hate like the dickens to have to wipe a rifle down every night, worrying about rust. That is about how I would do the blued guns I hunted with years ago. With the XCR if you miss a spot you don't have to be worried about a rust spot the next day or so. I have other stainless rifles, but the finish is no where as durable as the XCR's. If Remington ever decides to make a run of left handed XCR II's then I am all over it. I missed the chance to get some lefty XCR'S back in 2008 and regret it. Time will tell, but I think the XCR is one of the most weather resistant rifles out there. Not sure how the weathershield on the T/C rifles compare?

Anytime friend.

I just call it how I see/find it, whether I still own it or not.

Taking my rifle for a walk