Originally Posted by 340Wby
Just looking at my R8 Pro stock, where the action block mates to the synthetic stock. It does seem like the 'coated' steel screw & washer(secures the bedding block) has a bit of surface rust around it. This was due to 2 full days of rain(humidity was up those days too).

Let it also be said. I never clean my rifles to thorough, so this is my own fault I guess..... But there is nothing I see that will render this firearm useless now or my lifetime.....so I just let it ride & enjoy wink

PS- My NULA SS barrel did get rust spots too.

Hey, thanks for your honesty. I hunt hard and in some rough terrain and weather. On a hunting trip I hate like the dickens to have to wipe a rifle down every night, worrying about rust. That is about how I would do the blued guns I hunted with years ago. With the XCR if you miss a spot you don't have to be worried about a rust spot the next day or so. I have other stainless rifles, but the finish is no where as durable as the XCR's. If Remington ever decides to make a run of left handed XCR II's then I am all over it. I missed the chance to get some lefty XCR'S back in 2008 and regret it. Time will tell, but I think the XCR is one of the most weather resistant rifles out there. Not sure how the weathershield on the T/C rifles compare?

NEVER GIVE UP