Had a cameras on several good scrapes this last season, and got pictures of both bucks and doe urinating there.
I would occasionally use a little Tinks 69 in the scrapes to see if it would pick up activity any. Sometimes it did a little, and sometimes not at all.
After reading about folks peeing in scrapes, I thought I would try it in one of the 4 scrapes I had cameras on for comparison.
The 3 that I used either nothing or Tinks 69 in kept the same amount of visitors to them.
The one scrape I peed in saw a BIG increase in activity. I would say I had 3 to 4 times as many deer checking that one scrape than the other 3 I had left alone.
Could have been a fluke, but it really got my attention.

So, I tried something else. One of the scrapes was along the edge of a pasture bordered by thick cover. It was being used, but the bucks had only made that ONE scrape in that area.
I made a mock scrape about 30 yards further down from the existing scrape and peed in it instead of using a bottled scent.
I gave it 3 days and went back to check the area.
There were now 9 (yes, I said 9) new scrapes along that pasture edge. Could have been ANOTHER fluke, but it really seemed like the mock scrape supercharged the deer into making more scrapes.

Far from absolute PROOF that human urine works better than bottled urine, but it sure was an eye opener to the possibility.