I noticed many years ago the fact that piss in or near a scrape could cause curiosity or even increase activity. Don't know why, but it does work.

I also have seen that the smell of tobacco will attract deer either through curiosity or something. Not cigarettes, but chewing tobacco. Several times I've had deer walk under a tree where I was sitting 30' above and smell, paw and lick where I was spitting.

The strangest I've seen is the reaction of buck deer to the scent of a woman at...."that time of month". At first I wasn't sure this was a real reaction until I experimented. I "borrowed something from the girlfriend".....used Kotex.....and hung it near a scrape. The next morning there WAS increased activity. The deer had created a NEW scrape under the hanging Kotex and abandoned the original scrape 20 yards away. Since then I've done this a number of times with almost always a positive result.

Note: I tried to get her to go to the woods with me and pee in the scrapes, but she was having nothing to do with that idea.

I hate change, it's never for the better.... Grumpy Old Men
The more I learn, the more I realize how little I know