Originally Posted by TexasRick
I noticed many years ago the fact that piss in or near a scrape could cause curiosity or even increase activity. Don't know why, but it does work.

I also have seen that the smell of tobacco will attract deer either through curiosity or something. Not cigarettes, but chewing tobacco. Several times I've had deer walk under a tree where I was sitting 30' above and smell, paw and lick where I was spitting.

The strangest I've seen is the reaction of buck deer to the scent of a woman at...."that time of month". At first I wasn't sure this was a real reaction until I experimented. I "borrowed something from the girlfriend".....used Kotex.....and hung it near a scrape. The next morning there WAS increased activity. The deer had created a NEW scrape under the hanging Kotex and abandoned the original scrape 20 yards away. Since then I've done this a number of times with almost always a positive result.

Note: I tried to get her to go to the woods with me and pee in the scrapes, but she was having nothing to do with that idea.

Chris Hansen might want to talk to you.