Originally Posted by JohnMoses
You need to recognize the difference between territorial scrapes and active ones.

Don't know anything about pissing in them, but have my doubts about it driving a buck crazy... whistle

If it was a consistently effective trick, I'm sure we would have heard about it long before now.

The stuff you read On the Internet...

There's a reason you don't read about this more. I know an outdoor writer who once told me he pee's in scrapes all the time. He also said he knows others who do it, but that no one mentions this tactic in the magazines because it would make advertisers selling deer urine unhappy.

I pee in scrapes, and it never hurts anything. It often helps. I don't believe deer can tell the urine is from a human, and it doesn't take long to break down into ammonia. So, all they know is someone was there. They respond because they want to know who it was.

Steve.

"I was a deerhunter long before I was a man." ~Gene Wensel's Come November (2000)
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." ~Theodore Roosevelt