I think it depends upon the rifle you shoot... Andrew had a really nice 10.22 package... I was starting off with a Model94/22 with a 6 power Weaver on top...which is real accurate...

shooting gophers with a 22 LR tho, wasn't a real thrill...I like my CZ which can head shoot them...then they flop around like a fish all over the place...

I winged one yesterday with the 223, and went out to look at it, and it was still alive, so I put the rifle barrel right above its head and fired and it still flopped around like a fish even that close...

did the same thing to another one, this time using a 17HMR... and it flopped around like a fish also...

neither round still motivates me shooting little squeakers...no fun for me personally...

the 10/22 of Andrew's, along with his simple set up of stool and cross sticks makes a good practical set up...

early in the season, but as always, their was tons of 17 HMR brass gleaming the sun back at you all over the fields we were on...

gotta admit, if the 17 HMR was $5.00 a box, I'd shoot a lot more of it...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez