Originally Posted by Winnie1300
I killed a ground squirrel with my bow a few days back, does that count. grin

Someday I hope to do some varmint shooting like you guys are lucky to be able to do.

It only counts if there's massive carnage.

Three years ago I had found some local places to shoot squirrels on people's property. I had a .17hmr with an 8-32x scope on it. The ones we were shooting were between us and a little pond so our longest shots were 125 yards and shortest at about 60. With the big scope shooting off a rest I was making really neat head shots that were relatively clean compared to the body stomach shots my friend was making a mess with.

I was telling him I wasn't going to pick his up to put them in a bucket anymore, they were too messed up to pick up. He told me to stop being a puzzy and start seeing what massive carnage shots were all about. So okay, I started making stomach shots when I could have just as easily been making neat head shots.

The major difference between belief and fact is those who believe something have come to a conclusion no facts will contradict. Well informed people are open to new facts that oppose their beliefs. That also defines an open and closed mind.