Originally Posted by OUTCAST
There are some persistant rumors about CZ's that keep cropping up in this forum which are, in my experience ,wrong.

The centerfire,big bore rifles 550's DO NOT have plastic followers or anything else for that matter. I own two and have seen or shot a dozen others. Their Varmint model MIGHT but I haven't seen one.

The saftey on the big bore 550's works JUST LIKE the Remington 700 safety ... it IS NOT reversed.

The small bore centerfire action is not the same as the 550 action and the saftey on them IS reversed for some weird reason. I don't have a 527 but my hunting pard has two (.223&.204) and, I believe the detachable mags ARE plastic.

Regarding the 9.3X62 vs the 9.3X74R, every thing I've read and every load manual I have, show identacle balistics for the two rounds. The idea being the 9.3X74 is a rimmed version of the 9.3X62 for use in double rifles. The slightly larger case providing lower pressures for hinged rifles.

Further the .375H&H shoots the same weight bullets as the 9.3 roughly 200fps faster in most cases.

If someone has opposing experience I welcome their response.

I have a 527 Carbine .223 and the magazines are steel and not plastic.

Craig

Last edited by bcraig; 04/15/12.

Faster horses,Younger women,Older Whiskey,More money