Originally Posted by Formidilosus
Originally Posted by Jeff_O

It's just that it's been so mechanically reliable, on a pretty hard kicking "platform" no less, that I can't help but defend it when it's called mechanically UNreliable.

From reading your posts the last few years you seem to suffer from either "I saw it once so it has to be true/false" or "I read it once so it has to be true/false" syndrome. You have this tendency to ignore what people with real experience/knowledge say, yet latch on to some really hokey ideas from people without real experience/knowledge.

It's called a sample of one. If yours works, great. But to ignore that there are/were a lot of problems with the AV's when someone asks is setting them up for failure.

The almost eye-watering irony being, of course, that most of the problems reported are a sample of one as well. Like JG. Bought it, had a problem, sold it, now every time there's a thread, there's he and a couple other guys bashing them. Based on a sample of one. And this is why I made this very point earlier in the thread. It doesn't take much to make an "everybody knows..." or "everybody says..." scenario.... Those are just as bad as the "I saw it once" scenario as you describe.

Like I SAID, I'm not married to the phookin' thing. And I'm not claiming expertitude with them. But guys act like they fly to flinders on a rifle that kicks. That may be their experience, but it's not mine, nor that of MANY other people who use them. Yet we are guilty of "sample of one"? Not seeing that. Rather, on the AV threads I see a vast <g> majority of folks report no problems, and the same few detractors.

Shall we talk about the SEVERAL Leup's I've had problems with? There's busted Leup threads all over the place. Guess they are garbage? whistle

Edit: hey, this reads as testy, and I don't mean it that way. No offense intended to anyone; I'm not belittling anybody's experience. I'd be pissed too if my fancypants Swaro scope crapped out on me.

Man, I am JINXING my AV with all this talk! grin

Always a pleasure gentlemen.

Last edited by Jeff_O; 04/18/12.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!