Originally Posted by Formidilosus
What makes it worse is that we are not talking about Swarovski's as a whole like everyone does with Leupold, but one specific product line.

Swarovski makes the Z3/AV line and the PV/ Z5/Z6). The fact that you count only the AV Swaros failures is NOT what makes it worse but actually what makes it BETTER. Swaro�s PV and the PV derived scopes are tough and reliable. You cannot extrapolate the AV failures to Swaro�s rest of the lines and if you do it�s WRONG(biased).

Originally Posted by Formidilosus
No. Not a sample of one.

If my count is right there are 6 posters on this thread that have or have had Swarovski AV scopes. 3 have had problems. All three have of those have seen multiple AV's have issues. 3 out of 6 isn't a sample of one, it's a clue. What makes it worse is that we are not talking about Swarovski's as a whole like everyone does with Leupold, but one specific product line.

As a curiosity I just did a google search for "problems with___" Leupold, Swarovski AV, Nightforce, and SWFA SS. Note that I only searched for one specific model of Swaro but the entire line of the others. There were 12 links to hunters having actual broken AV's on the first three pages. Each one of those had multiple posters with problems. There were 9 links with actual mechanical problems with every Leupold model ever made on the first three pages. All but one were with tracking issues. hmmm.... how many Leupold scopes do you think are sold for every AV? There was one (1) Nightforce scope in ten (10) pages with a problem. There were zero (0) mechanical problems with SWFA's SS on the first three pages.

So.....

Sworovski AV- 12 links in the first 3 pages.
Leupold- 9 links in the first 3 pages.
Nightforce- 1 scope in TEN pages.
SWFA SS- 0 scopes in the first 3 pages.

Drawing conclusions on stats from google searches is questionable. You search on the AV Swaro models and extrapolate on all. You don�t account for the factors that push hits up the pages. You are also dealing with a colored sample (willingness to report or bitch) and in your your count of 6 users reporting Swaro AV problems you missed E that also reports such problems even though he does not own any AVs(and never did))

Aic