No. Not a sample of one.

Originally Posted by Jeff_O
[
Shall we talk about the SEVERAL Leup's I've had problems with? There's busted Leup threads all over the place. Guess they are garbage? whistle

Yes. I am disappointed with most scopes made.

The difference between them is that there are not wide problems with Leupold's being destroyed from just shooting on average BG rifles. The AV's break from just shooting.

If my count is right there are 6 posters on this thread that have or have had Swarovski AV scopes. 3 have had problems. All three have of those have seen multiple AV's have issues. 3 out of 6 isn't a sample of one, it's a clue. What makes it worse is that we are not talking about Swarovski's as a whole like everyone does with Leupold, but one specific product line.

As a curiosity I just did a google search for "problems with___" Leupold, Swarovski AV, Nightforce, and SWFA SS. Note that I only searched for one specific model of Swaro but the entire line of the others. There were 12 links to hunters having actual broken AV's on the first three pages. Each one of those had multiple posters with problems. There were 9 links with actual mechanical problems with every Leupold model ever made on the first three pages. All but one were with tracking issues. hmmm.... how many Leupold scopes do you think are sold for every AV? There was one (1) Nightforce scope in ten (10) pages with a problem. There were zero (0) mechanical problems with SWFA's SS on the first three pages.

So.....

Sworovski AV- 12 links in the first 3 pages.
Leupold- 9 links in the first 3 pages.
Nightforce- 1 scope in TEN pages.
SWFA SS- 0 scopes in the first 3 pages.

We see quite a few Leupold's have issues with tracking in our classes. Probably 20 or 30% of them in a two day hunting class. Always with incorrect or inconsistent tracking. Never with failure to hold zero once set. Every single Swaro AV we have had come through has had problems. Inconsistent and incorrect tracking, failure to hold zero, turrets completely locking up, erector springs breaking, etc.

To be fair, and I have said this before, very few scope brands/models don't have issues when really shot and turrets spun.