I believe that we all should have known that Clay Harvey was a total PHONY. Any writer, indeed any editor, who hides behind words that the common man does not know, or even pronounce, disqualifies himself from our adulation.

Indeed, there are those on every sporting web site, the 24HCF, who are posers. Big words, long words, do not proved education and learning, they simply show that some hide behind words.

I am privy to one of Clay Harvey's more horrible acts. Clay went on a deer hunt in one of the western states. He was armed with a H-K and loads of ammo. Before the wranglers could saddle up the horses and mules, Clay Harvey saw some does and fawns and blasted holes in some of them.

The wranglers went to my friend, who was the sales manager for one of Clay's sponsoring companies and asked, "What do we do with this crazy sonofabitch?"

The eventually killed the wounded, packed up Mr. Harvey and sent him back to the Land of Palmentos.

And I have no doubt that Clay Harvey wrote yet another article about hunting western game animals ... the mule deer, Odocoileus hemionus, as Clay Harvey would call them.

What a sad state of affairs.

Yeah, wasn't it great to read a few words of Allen Day's? I truly miss Allen. When Allen and I last talked, we discussed critters, some new kind of boots he was hot on and a copy of Tom Turpin's FABULOUS BOOK, Mastery of Wood & Metal.

Not a fortnight later, my great friend Tom Turpin sent me a copy of the book about David Miller, Curt Crum and the unreal rifles that they make together.

Apparently Allen called Tom and Tom did a nice signing ... and forwarded the book to me.

THANKS ALLEN, where-ever you are.

God Bless You Allen DAy,

Steve

"God Loves Each Of Us As If There Were Only One Of Us"
Saint Augustine of Hippo - AD 397