Remington and winchester dont use CHF barrels that I am aware of. Maybe on 22's which is how ruger got started using them. The 10-22T madel had Steyr bbl.
Ruger owns thier machine. bought it in '93 I think, used from CZ when they upgraded. It cost ruger something like 9 million.
Think about the difference between a Japanese tanto and a CSA calvary saber. The hammering. the folding. The temering.
You cant take a piece of tubed carbon steel and drag a button thru it and get the same exact dimensions each time like you can hammering steel over a carbide mandrel.

I have been shooting Steyr's , almost exclusivly, since my forst one in 1998. They amazed me and I started learning about the CHF prosses.
Steyr, SAKO, A zoli, Blaser, Tikka, CZ....
When you hear thosenames does inaccurate ever come to mind?
Ruger barrels are very good. very fine examples of CHF and more smooth off the machine than the best handlapped remington.
But their trigger SUCKS. The last ruger I bought, AND I MEAN THE LAST, was a hawkeye SS.
I shot it beside a 1942 bring back, 100% factory configuaration K98 shooting Nazi stamped ammo.
The out shot the ruger by a large margin using iron sights against a burris 3-9 on the ruger.
The problem. The trigger was 75% the weight of the rifle. theres no way to pull 75% of the rifles weight in the trigger without disturbing sight picture.

here is the article the came out in PR mag...
Precision Shooting Magazine November 2005

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024