Update.

Went out yesterday working up some target loads with Sierra 125 grain Spitzers and IMR4895. 4 shot groups at 44, 45 and 46 grains, all very mild loads.

The morning was chilly and windy (gee, windy in Idaho in the spring - go figure!) but 46.0 grains shot the group shown below. That flyer is my signature, it wouldn't be a "Genuine Jim in Idaho" group without one $%&#! flyer. grin But three of those four shots went into .238", that's under 1/4 MOA. From a .308 sporter weight Ruger factory rifle and barrel. The other groups aren't quite as bug holey impressive but I sure wasn't unhappy with any of them.

Anyway - the rifle's performance yesterday finally knocked me off the fence. I went home and hit Buy It Now on a second one. grin

If I can resist shooting the donor the next great decision process will begin - .257 Roberts, .243 AI or something really exotic? I want to take advantage of the longer mag box so the front runners right now are the .257 Bob or a 6mm Remington, but that could change in five minutes.

Not trying to tempt anybody but he still has 4 left. Just sayin'... wink

[Linked Image]

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!