Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Update.

Went out yesterday working up some target loads with Sierra 125 grain Spitzers and IMR4895. 4 shot groups at 44, 45 and 46 grains, all very mild loads.

The morning was chilly and windy (gee, windy in Idaho in the spring - go figure!) but 46.0 grains shot the group shown below. That flyer is my signature, it wouldn't be a "Genuine Jim in Idaho" group without one $%&#! flyer. grin But three of those four shots went into .238", that's under 1/4 MOA. From a .308 sporter weight Ruger factory rifle and barrel. The other groups aren't quite as bug holey impressive but I sure wasn't unhappy with any of them.

Anyway - the rifle's performance yesterday finally knocked me off the fence. I went home and hit Buy It Now on a second one. grin

If I can resist shooting the donor the next great decision process will begin - .257 Roberts, .243 AI or something really exotic? I want to take advantage of the longer mag box so the front runners right now are the .257 Bob or a 6mm Remington, but that could change in five minutes.

Not trying to tempt anybody but he still has 4 left. Just sayin'... wink

[Linked Image]

Lookin good, love it when the ol Ruger m77's shoot....Makes a lot of guys with high standards (not going to mention anyone whistle), realize maybe it was them and not their rifles with the deficiency problem.........I'd go with the 6mm rem too since I've been having a lot of fun with mine.....Great little round....

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA