+1

Winchester is appropritely sized, and very nice looking rifle. Also handles nicely in the stores, when I was lusting after them. I've got a Ruger 77 (tang safety). in the "Bob", and I really like the round. It's just that the rifle is too damn heavy for such a connoiseur's round.

I bought the Ruger when I was about 14, and had saved up enough money. I had poured over ballistics charts, reloading manuals, etc. and decide on the .257. The Ruger was the only game in town at that time. I'd like to have gotten one in the Rem 700 mountain rifle when that came out, but the deal was sealed by that time.

Sighting in my Dad's Rem 760 30-06 carbine, helped me to decide on a softer shooting round, and while the "Bob" can be accused of bordering on obsolescence I thought that as a handloader I was somewhat immune to that. I got everything I hoped for, a sweet shooting, low recoiling rifle that knocks deer down. Just two whitetails so far, but one of these days soon I'm going to take a few coyotes with it.

I believe Mr. Ken Waters thinks highly of it for a deer rifle as well.

You won't go wrong with it.

Good Hunting!!

Joe