I have two .257 Bobs. The first is a Ruger #1B I found at a gun show. (Mule Deer is absolutely right. That damn thing is way too heavy.) The gun came with 5 boxes of 100 gr. Norma ammo and as the price was right, I bought it. Nice Leupold 3x9 on it and the guy said it was sighted in. I took it to the range a slow fired 5 rounds. It was a bit over 100 degrees that day so I really did take my time shooting the rifle. You could cover all 5 shots with a nickle. I'm hoarding hat ammo for that rifle.
The second rifle was an NIB Winchester M70 Featherweight. I got it more or less because it would match my 7x57 Featherweight. Been way too busy to do much witht hat rifle but have worked up two loads so far, one with the 100 gr. Sierra Pro-Hunter anf the other with the 100 gr. Barnes TSX. I'll have to play with seating depth I guess as both loads only do 1.25" at 100 yards. My wife appropriated my M70 in .243 that was made in 1969 according to the sn#. She handled the .257 and I'm afraid if she shoots it I'm gonna lose that one as well. I have been seriously thinking of using it if I draw a deer tag this year but based on past results, I'm not holding my breath.

Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE