Grayfox,

Welcome to the 'fire. Sorry this is so darn wordy blush

I like the Partition also.
That said, there are very few 225gr and heavier .35 caliber bullets that would disappoint you for what you desire to accomplish with the Whelen.

In the world of Mono-metals, I've had quite a few kills using the 225 TSX, but I'm liking the higher B.C and velocity provided by the 200 TTSX. That said, most of my killing with the 225 TSX occurred inside of 200 yards and it seemed to give pretty good expansion at those impact velocities.
Note: Behind the shoulder double lung shots usually meant a 100 yard blood trail.

I've not tested the 200gr TTSX for low velocity expansion. If it is launched from the muzzle at 2800fps it's .369 B.C value will have it slowed down to less than 2100fps by the time it reaches 300 yards. I am still not real confident in it's ability to expand at that velocity. eek

The 225 NPT is a softer bullet and It's .430 B.C isn't enough to increase it's longer range impact velocity much higher that that of the 225gr TSX/200gr TTSX. But I'll choose it over the Mono-metal if I suspect impacts of low velocity.

I ran the 250 gr NPT when going after Moose and knowing that ranges might be 300 yards or farther. Although it's .446 B.C. is a wee bit higher than all the above, it doesn't get pushed much beyone 2400fps from my muzzle.
It's beauty is, when impacts are close and the typical front half does it's thing, you have more bullet shank and weight plowing through than you will have with the 225gr version.
And the 250gr NPT will plow. cool

All in all, you could blindly pic most any 35 cal bullet of 225gr and heavier and enjoy the results.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Hodgdon will suggest Varget.
But I got better shot to shot consistency with H-4895
Rl-15 might give slightly faster velocities.., slightly.

"I'd rather have an Army of Asses led by a Lion, than an Army of Lions led by an Ass." (George Washington)