remember, these are the people that want to run your health care.
my wife is ten years older that me, and at age 62 she took earlier social security under her own benefit, which wasn't much as she had not made much money. When i turned 62, i filed for social security because among other things, it doubled her check. Now i am still producing income, way above the 14k cap. They stopped paying BOTH our checks around april, to reclaim the overpayment because of my income level. Hers was stopped too because now hers is based upon my benefit. We have gotten about six letters in the last month regarding this. Asking me to calculate what i expect to make(how do I know), and so on. Last week she got a letter stating they were going to pay her, which they did, about 2/3rds of what they hadn't paid, due to reclaiming the money based upon my income, and they were going to Lower her benefit in stead for about 24 months. okay. A couple of days later another letter saying, no, next month we are going to pay the full benefit. Okay. I am still waiting for a letter to see if they are going to retro and pay what they haven't been paying me.
Now a lot of this is funky because i turn 66 in december next year, which means unless i get ambitious and make over 37k, they can't poo poo me again.
And another letter, since they weren't paying her benefit, they said they would bill me in advance for three months of the medicare payment rather than taking it out of the check they weren't paying. Life is wonderful.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO