I had a near mint Israeli FN-FAL for a few years but sold it as I was working lightstations for the Can. Coast Guard and my wife was nervous alone in our townhouse in Burnaby with guns like that stored there.

I once went to Lever Arms, Vancouver's once fabulous gunshop and bought some generic 7.62 Nato ammo and took the FN to the now-closed Barnet Rifle Club. I shot sub-inch groups consistently with the issue iron sights and was just astounded. I liked that rifle, but, such guns are mere memories now.......ALL Canadian political parties have connived in disarming us and we NEED to realize that the CPC is NOT a real "friend" to we gun people.

The SIG 550 is one rifle I have almost bought several times in the past 2-3 months, as I have sold off all but my CRF bolt rifles and I still might......pricey, though and I have far too many guns as it is.

Yup, I had two fine custom Grizzly guns, built on levers, both .45-70s, but, while I have owned about every big bore lever rifle made, just sold my Sako Finnwolf, I have never been able to shoot them as well as I can Mod. 70s, Brnos and Mausers...and, as an "old phart", getting into my dotage, I think it best to carry and depend on that gun which works best for he who is using it,lever, bolt or whatever.

I would not bother packing both a .44M and a rifle, I know some who do, but, I feel safest with a well-tested bolt gun and so I guess I am "PC" to the vile gun banners! wink