Yup, the "rot" is EVERYWHERE, the magnificent "Second Amendment", notwithstanding. The statist goons, minions of the corporate elite stand ready to arrest/imprison a decent citizen for DARING to protect his family, home and possessions.....

I chased an intruder out of my kitchen, who calmly walked in at dusk, several years ago, another New Years Eve, with my Ruger GP-100. Calling the VPD is a total waste of time, they act as though YOU are "the bad guy" because you have GUNS and will not respond in person to many calls.

I have a Benelli Nova with 3.5" No 5 Turkey loads and if I HAD to use a gun to protect my semi-invalid wife, that is my first choice.

I despise lawyers, politicians, power-tripping cops and all the useless, tax-wasting apparatus of the state, that cannot and does not protect we citizens and, yet, militates against our BIRTH RIGHT to do so.

Both Canada and the USA NEED to get back to the ideals of our Viking founders and support self-defence and home protection with NO state interference. I would bet that a new political party here in Canada, based on this and a few other basic issues might do very well in elections.