JJ,

10 years ago, I decided to book a mule deer hunt, based upon a regular show on an outdoor channel featuring a Colorado outfitter and numerous 'celebrity' hunters, like Babe Winkleman, etc. etc.

A month before the hunt was to take place, the guy announced that he was out of business, and would not honor any of his bookings, nor refund any of the deposits he had taken. He screwed dozens of hunters out of many thousands of dollars, and was never held accountable. He's still in business, running a guide school.

I know that would never happen with you- but the experience soured me from EVER again booking a hunt based upon something I saw on TV.

I also find it disgusting when a guy shoots something on one of these shows, then spends 5 minutes thanking TC, Remington, Winchester, Muzzy, Mathews, the outfitter, Jesus, Cabelas, etc. etc. etc.

That said, I think these shows generally have entertainment value only. As far as bookings go, I am much more inclined to attend sport shows, research outfitters on the internet, read hunter reviews, or do repeat bookings with a reputable outfitter I have come to know and trust.

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....