Originally Posted by JJHACK
There is a show driving hard to the hoop for me to do this with them. They require a fair bit of support I'm not convinced is financially practical yet.

However, if the marketing is there I would probably do it. So if you watched a hunting show would it sway you towards booking with that outfit or have no bearing on the decision?

Guess I always figured my references were the best resource I have. But this might be another path to bookings?

Dedicated checkbook hunters are not swayed by any advertising. They go with recommendation from known aquaintences such as other hunting club members and preferably personal friends. Busy professional people don't watch these shows and serious amateurs tire of them very quickly.

Like the masses, I was intrigued in the late 80's/early 90's when these shows first appeared (usually in Video tape format) as there was simply nothing like them and they gave you exposure to animals of interest. Most of the hosts and hunters featured these days are laughable fools with nothing to offer the technically minded, nor anything whatsoever in hunting skills.

You will likely be used for a free hunt to make the hunter look a hero.

John

PS: I saw a show for a couple of minutes last night where the so called hunter shot a mule deer from the back of a truck in Sonora. I turned the TV off.

When truth is ignored, it does not change an untruth from remaining a lie.