Observations...

This weekend I put 42 shooters through this couse of fire. Each one was timed but not told what the time limits were...just hit the target as fast as possible. I didn't keep exact records but the following are the approximate percentages/numbers...

1) Only 4-5 shooters made the 1.25 second limit and hit the target. Most shooters took 1.4-1.75 seconds for a successful hit.

2) About 10-12 shooters made the two shots in 1.75 seconds

3) About 14-16 made the 5 shots in 3 seconds

4) Almost 14-16 made the two shots per target in 3.5 seconds...most were in the 4-6 second range

5) Only 3-4 made the time and all the hits with the support hand only

6) No one made the 2-tactical reload-2 in 5 seconds. A few came close (I just realized I misread the instructions. I told them the magazine had to be retained...my mistake. Knowing these shooters I would say only about 5 out of the 40+ can do a 2-speedload-2 and get all their hits at 7 yards)

Long Range 25 yards: NO ONE MISSED a round and all finished under 30 seconds except for two shooters who just shot real slow because they could...and they still finished in 40 seconds)

Long Range 50 yards: As we were shooting indoors and had a 25 yard limit a standard piece of typing paper was used, this is less than 1/2 the size of the standard target at 1/2 the distance. 30+ of the shooters made all their hits. Only 2 shooters had 3 hits. The rest had 4-5 hits.

Didn't have the hostage target at the time. My guess would be that 7-10 could make the shot in the time.

I didn't get to shoot the course of fire as I was running the program....I am also beat by the end of the weekend, 11-9-7 hour days on the concrete will do that. Will try and run it next time I shoot with a partner.

Observations:

A standard piece of 8.5x11 sheet of paper would have been simpler and more realistic.

The 25 and 50 targets are WAY too big and times WAY too generous. A more realistic target could have been two pieces of paper forming a 8.5x22" target. Times cut to 20 seconds for 25 yards and 30 for 50 yards. (our shooters have to pass a test of 5 rounds from the holster at 25 yards in 12 seconds to get into the group)

Fun test...Bob

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....