Originally Posted by tmitch
You guys are kiddin', right? Given that left handers make up only 10% of the population, from a buisiness aspect I'm surprised at the options we DO have.
A voice of reason always seems to rise above the din of insanity. Out of the 10%, how many actually SHOOT left handed? And how many of that actually USE a left-handed rifle?

I have met innumerable people -- anecdotal information that's worth at least as much as any horseshit from Wikipedia -- who are genuinely left-handed without any opposite eye dominance and shoot right-handed because that's how they were taught. (Or in the case of a co-worker, because he didn't want to be "different" when he was growing up.) I had a former co-worker who was genuinely left-handed who would NOT buy anything left-handed, because he was concerned that his children be able to use or sell anything of his when he's gone. (He's also a dunce, but that's another matter.)

If a firearms manufacturer were to offer left-handed models of everything they make in otherwise right-handed configurations, there would be a LOT of guns sitting in warehouses and sold off for pennies on the dollar; i.e., tmitch's Steyr 6.5x55mm. When T/C still had an excellent custom shop, the old Fox Ridge Outfitters, they offered a "custom" Renegade muzzleloader variant, the Fox Ridge Outfitters Rifle. (A Renegade with better than average wood, single trigger, recoil pad, and sling swivels.) I bought one in late 1995 and decided to buy a second in late 1997. The second was numbered consecutively to the first. I asked FRO about this and they flat stated "Our left-handed guns don't sell well. We're planning on discontinuing them within the next year." Which they did as did their parent, T/C, within a couple of years of that.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.