John Moses;
Since this is the Campfire and we sometimes tend to go off the rules just a tad, I'll start with this little disclaimer/explanation.

This is a rifle that I originally bought to hunt elk, rebarreled with the intention of making a better cut block and sagebrush bowl mulie rifle and have had it along when I've run into more whitetail bucks. Confusing I know - sorry. blush

So it began life as a Liberty Model Ruger 77 in .338 Win Mag. to which I added one of the first Ramline wood grain stocks I'd seen.

The Ramline went away shortly after I had it barreled with a Parker Hale .308" blank. It's a pretty light contour barrel - almost featherweight at the muzzle, but enough meat at the chamber to make it safely into a .308 Norma, which is what happened.

I buffed off the finish off of the receiver and rust blued the whole works.

The next and so far final stock is my version of what happens to a Richards Microfit semi-inletted blank. They did leave a fair bit of wood for me to work with, but it certainly wasn't a "drop in" by anyone's definition.

The trigger is the original that I took apart, polished and tweaked it a bit and replaced the springs. It breaks at 2�lb now.

The rings are stock Ruger, but the bottom half of the ring is epoxied in place now which is something that I do to rifles that get taken out and about in our BC mountains.

The scopes have been everything from a 4X Bushnell, then a 6X Japanese Weaver, then a 6X Leupold Compact and finally a Leupold 6x42 now.

Anyway, here it is a scope or two back.
[Linked Image]

Along the way it's sort of become a bit of a "lucky" rifle for me, so although I don't always hunt with it, it's always one that's sighted in before season and when it comes out things seem to appear.

Lately I've been running 168gr TSX's in it and they've been working well for me.

Thanks for the thread John Moses and all the best to you and yours in the upcoming week.

Regards,
Dwayne

Last edited by BC30cal; 07/01/13. Reason: added info

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"