Parallax--what a pain it is sometimes. I remember several years ago I had an XP-100 built up in 7-270 WSM/16" 7-T Pac-Nor to shoot the 200-gr. Wildcat bullet out of to maximize the effective range of my specialty pistol big game hunting. Kirby Allen built it and he told me from the get-go that the HS-Precision stock might not hold up to the torque created from the big bullet/twist combination using a bipod (and he was right). I put the ever-popular 3-12x Burris LER pistol scope on it and started to develop loads, and for the life of me I couldn't get anything to best 2 MOA. After the last group was shot I was sitting at the bench just frustrated as all hell, when as a last resort I thought to check parallax. Sure enough it was as big as the group. When I adjusted the AO for it, the next group gave me .5-.75 MOA and I went hunting. Got this nice buck with that combo too that week at 375 yds. The only nice buck I've ever shot really--

[Linked Image]

Thks. MD for all your articles I've read over the years. Always considered you in high standing amongst my favorite shooting writers sir.