please advise: my 1st time submitting. have no idea if i am doing this correctly. hope this is a start. please pass on to whoever or whatever forum where this question should possibly need to go. *if passed on, please let me know where this message has gone, so i van follow up.
*point blank factor using a duplex reticle as range calculator
am hoping to find a more precise explanation on the following, to better assist others in calculating shooting range factors using a duplex reticle. would appreciate any input you or others may have.

example: using a 3X9 scope w / duplex reticle and scope power is set at ~ 6X/6 power.
having difficulty clearly explaining briefly and concisely.
OK, with known range and using specific load, ~ 308 win Rem 150 gr. core-lokt bullets with a previously known zero at yardage, if game animal / target falls w /in the horizontal fine reticle wire and is between the heavy stadia vertical post have been using rough estimate of +/- 18 inch bottom of chest for deer and +/- 24 inch for elk. i realize some game animals may be larger or smaller. field experience and open mind, are helpful. if kill zone / impact area is larger than the duplex describe area then game / target is closer than ~point bank; aim right on desired bullet impact area and if target appears smaller than w / in the small horizontal wire and the heavy vertical lower post the target is farther away than "know point of impact / point blank" ..., aim higher according to shooting skill and present field conditions or pass and do not shoot.
may 2013 issue of NRA rifleman magazine had somewhat of an article using scope reticles. explanation became more than i was hoping to see in print once again. as best i remember, some of the article dealt w / comparison w / mildot usage.
it was over my head and seemed more complicated tan an article i read many, many years ago. i do not remember writers name or name of outdoor type magazine the article was in.
what id did read at that time +/- 1970's or early 1980's was extremely impressive. drew up a rough sketch, but do not know how to download digital image of it to show what it is i am struggling to explain and am sure there is some one here in the forums that may understand what it is that i am trying to say. best i can do for now. thanks,