Originally Posted by Jamison
Originally Posted by Ackman
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
Originally Posted by Jamison
[quote=Ackman] Put it on the rocks with that kind of torque turning 40+ inch tires and you WILL find its weakness...

Or run into a mudhole where you've got the tires spinning fast so they'll clear, then bouncing out of the mud and having a tire grab a rock.

My daily driver - medium - tune is 750/1350. Without traction bars it jumps around pretty bad under hard acceleration. The Caltracs were off for a couple weeks...... I raced a guy on the street and it got to bouncing real bad. After settling down the tires burned for about 30' before a U-joint sheared. The differential is fine.

I know people who tow often and heavy. A couple tow real heavy....like about 29K gvw....highway, mountains, dirt roads to remote camp areas, etc. They work the crap out of their DMax's. The G80 in these trucks isn't troublesome. After 6yrs of abuse one guy has a bit of clutch wear, no breakage.

Most DMax's come with these and they don't break towing or with big tires. Hell, you think drag racing isn't hard on drivelines? Boost launch a 5,500-7,000lb truck and go 10's or 9's? Lots of people do it, I know several. Those rearends hold up fine, they just aren't troublesome.

My jeep guy neighbors beat the crap out of their rigs in rocks and mud. Stuff breaks. They run high dollar custom drivelines. And what they do isn't the same as using a pickup truck.

1) You have convinced yourself that the Gov-lock is good for you and that is all that matters....
2) My point is that other people have not had had your golden experience.

1) No.... I've not convinced myself of anything. My truck has the 11.5" 14bolt rear. It's the limited slip G80 option. And it's not gov-lok.

2) The op asked about the G80 option, didn't mention what truck. The self styled ex-purts on here jumped all over it. But G80 has different versions with different vehicles. Funny....... several people with lots of G80 experience - not just with the diesel version - have had good luck with them, think they're great.