Originally Posted by R_H_Clark

If your neck ever gets any longer, I bet you could grind off the rear mount's recoil lug, move it forward and have a more versatile mount. The Leupold ringmounts hold well without the lug and aren't built near as heavy as those Optilocks. I've only heard of one Leupold ringmount failing and that was with a very heavy scope(near 30 OZ I think) and some big magnum like a 375 H&H or such, memory fails.

I'm a big fan of the Sako Ringmount if they fit. I tend not to stock crawl and they are a near custom fit for my needs. Even with the big S&B, they place the optics where they need to be for my dimensions. With a more trim LEU, they'll give more room to work. I'll often remove the scope for travel and to address the fixed sights. For this, the Sako system on my rifle has proven spot on repeatable. They use the same Torx head screw mounts as the rifle action screws, so it keeps things simple. My test group from last season, pulling the scope between shots to test the mounts. I cannot get this level of performance using the LEU mounts.

[Linked Image]

�I've never met a genius. A genius to me is someone who does well at something he hates. Anybody can do well at something he loves -- it's just a question of finding the subject.�

- Clint Eastwood