Originally Posted by StrayDog
I spent the week hunting of Mon 18th through Sat 23rd near Chitek Lake, SK
The typical day was viewing half a dozen does and two or three young bucks. The young bucks ranged from fork horns to 8 or 10 point bucks with antler widths less than ear widths. These would probably score smaller than 120.

The exception was seeing three bucks that were probably 3 1/2 year olds that had a bit more mass to their racks and with taller tines, but widths were within the ears, probably less than 140, so I didn't stop my hunt by shooting anything.

I'm not terribly disappointed that I made the trip other than feeling sad such a great big buck area has undergone such devastation for the older bucks.
I had a good time but don't feel a need to go back for at least three more years.
Happy Hunting

Same here, Mike. I got home about 10 minutes ago from my trip. I knew what I was in for and it didn't disappoint. laugh

I still had a great hunt- 7 straight days - dark to dark. Saw a lot of bucks - lots of forkies and small baskets. Saw a handful 3.5 y/o. deer too. This was the best one of the group and I'm glad I wasn't just judging him based on his girth - he's a portly fellow.
[Linked Image]

I hunted the same camp as slg888, and his comments about our fellow Americans is spot-on. Many are certainly doing their part in ruining Saskatchewan hunting by needing to fill every friggin' tag with a dink.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D