Bob, I find such an attitude on the part of an outfitter to be highly offensive and arrogant beyond tolerance; I bet that guy did NOT tell you to accept a $500.00 REFUND because the deer was "too small"!

I dunno, but, it seems to me that the GUIDE should be responsible to make certain that the hunter ONLY shoots what is legal and acceptable in terms of serious conservation concerns. I have zero interest in shooting stinking big, rutting bucks as they usually taste like crap and I want to shoot spikes and dry does...I kill game to eat it and always have done.

Soooo, WITH a system such as BC's "points" with Mulies, IF, well administered, ONLY the older, larger bucks WILL be targeted/shot in the rut and that, to me, is how it SHOULD be. In fact, this past month, more such retrictions were implemented in the "Kootenay-Boundary" region, once a fabulous Mulie hunting area that drew US guys, like the late Jack Slack, of Leupold, to hunt the very numerous deer we used to have...and, COULD have, again, if the gawdamm government actually gave a ratz azz about environmental issues.....

I suspect that SASK. is much the same, the problem of shooting "dinks" COULD be solved, but, I doubt that it will be.

One other point, at $5-8K, for a single deer, it is kinda hard to blame some poor bugger from the over-populated and urbanized USA, for shooting what IS, after all, LEGAL, as we all want to kill SOMETHING,once in awhile, else why go hunting?